There’s no denying that selling life insurance policies can be very lucrative for insurance agents. Being able to make good commissions while helping people establish financial stability is very satisfying.
Building your credibility as an expert and trustworthy advisor is essential to successfully sell more life insurance policies. How can this be done? We’ve come up with a few examples to help you get the ball rolling.
How To Sell More Life Insurance Policies As An Agent
1. Become the “Go-To” Authority In Your Area
- Host a free life insurance seminar and Q&A session in your community. Educate attendees on the various types of life insurance and the benefits of each type of policy. Make sure not to sound pushy or “sales-y.” Provide business cards and an opportunity for a one-on-one consultation with you for interested prospects. You could potentially hold these seminars throughout the year for more exposure.
- Start a blog with resources for helping people pick the right life insurance at different stages of life. Publish a solid number of high-quality articles before it is released.
- Find an opportunity to guest blog on someone else’s relevant blog or website.
- Join community Facebook groups and be quick to answer any questions that arise about insurance or finance. Don’t try to sell anyone anything, but offer your expertise with no strings attached.
- Publish an advisory article in your town’s newspaper or other community publications for further exposure.
2. Purchase Higher-Quality Leads
- While this may seem like a no-brainer, agents often waste time and money on poor lead supply services. More expensive leads are worth it if they are qualified and will produce more sales.
- Try several lead sources to find the one you like best.
3. Increase Referrals
- Whenever you close a sale, always ask your clients for referrals.
- Establish a referral incentive program for current clients like a gift card to a preferred restaurant or gas card.
- Network with other businesses that have a similar client demographic. Come up with a referral system that will benefit you and the other businesses fairly.
- Ask your clients to share a review of your social media page.
- Host a customer appreciation wine-tasting event and invite current clients as well as other business owners. Look for every chance to network and establish referral streams.
4. Keep An Eye On Forums
- Sites like Reddit and Quora can be used to your benefit when it comes to selling life insurance. There are plenty of opportunities to answer questions and potentially attract clients. The more you answer, the more credible you become.
5. Sell More To Current Clients
- Your existing clients can be some of your best life insurance leads! You already of earned their trust and familiarity.
- Send a postcard to clients on special events like birthdays or the new year to remind them that it is a perfect time to review their coverage.
- Call your clients and ask to schedule their annual insurance and financial review to make sure their financial goals are on track.
- Email a monthly or quarterly newsletter to your current clients with tips for selecting the right life insurance policy and related content. You could also include a video of you explaining the subject matter.
It’s okay to get creative in your approach to attracting more life insurance prospects. Start implementing some of these strategies in your business and track your conversions.
What strategies have worked best for you to sell more life insurance?